Monday 28 January 2013

First of the Month Fiction - February


Again I am getting in a little early, as I'm a little under pressure this week and still not on top of the linky thing.  Straight into it this time.

For those that haven't heard, there are two categories - Exactly 100 words or less than 30 words. (see here for rules and examples). Post your stories in the comments section then link your blog in the linky thing so we can all subscribe or read more!

My friend, Sue Howard, author of Leaning Towards Pisa offered up this one in the 30 words:
A Seasonal Offering


His tongue moves urgently in her mouth.  It tastes of sour wine, brandy and mince pies.

No! she gasps.

He pins her to the table:  But I've been waiting all year ...




Mine is 100 this time:

"No," he said. "I didn't."
The interviewer glanced towards the mirror.
The question was repeated.
"I've already told you! Why do you keep asking me?"
The door opened, a new officer came in, whispered something, then left as quickly as he appeared.
"Shall we go back to the beginning?"
Tears of frustration welled in his eyes but he said nothing.
The light on the camera flashed in a mesmorizing fashion.
Eventually he said "I came home and she was gone. I don't know where she is!"
But he did know. He'd buried her body where it would never be found.

Add yours to the comments below and link back to your blog so we can see your style in it's true form...until next month...

No comments:

Post a Comment